Three categories of nerve conditions include:
- Spinal cord injury: This occurs from direct damage to the spinal cord due to trauma.
- Entrapment Neuropathy: This is a nerve injury which can happen from a fracture or torn ligaments or muscle inflammations.
- Radiculopathy: This occurs when the spinal column nerve root is compressed, causing issues in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar regions.
These types of spinal trauma often cause intense pain, weakness and numbness throughout the body. Talk with your accident injury doctor about pain management options and ways to treat the underlying trauma.
5. Diagnose Traumatic Brain Injury
Suffering a traumatic brain injury is often a life-altering event that emphasizes the need to consult an auto accident doctor. TBIs happen from blunt force trauma to the head. In most instances of injury, the effects are long-lasting and devastating. According to recent Center for Disease Control and Prevention statistics, 30% of TBI cases became worse over five years. This data shows the devastating consequences of having a severe injury to the brain.
If TBI occurs, you need immediate medical care. The problematic aspect of traumatic brain injury is the long-term consequences to your health. This type of brain damage can increase the risk of neurodegenerative diseases and disorders, including dementia.
One immediate concern after an accident is the onset of depression prevalent with TBIs. A car accident doctor helps you with this diagnosis by developing treatment objectives and managing your ongoing care.
6. Receive Personalized Care
Neuro Injury Care has a clinical background in treating TBI and trauma-involved neuropathy and radiculopathy. We have in-depth knowledge of discovering and treating injuries resulting from accidents. We make the process easy for you to get a neurological opinion to manage your health issues before they become chronic and debilitating.